1) The best BBQ pork ribs in Las Vegas can be purchased at TC’s Rib Crib located at 8470 W Desert Inn Road
(Suite H3) 89117. 702-451-7427. Notice I said BBQ
pork ribs, NOT pulled pork or NOT beef ribs or NOT
brisket, etc. I have not or will not receive
anything for this endorsement. I know the town ends
for me at Rainbow Blvd. but sometimes one has to
make an exception.
2) The best Midwestern (Chicago style) pizza in Las Vegas
can be purchased at Rosati’s Pizza located at 3370
S. Hualapai Way, 89117. 702-262-1900. I have not or
will not receive anything for this endorsement. My
wife picks up our pizza from Rosati’s once a week.
All ingredients are imported from Chicago. One taste
of the sausage and you will know what they claim is
3) The dancers at the Jolly Trolley always looked more
wholesome than the dancers at the Pussycat A Go Go.
Just ask my friends from college. Especially, Bill
he married one and they are still married 40 years
later with three children.
4) Bill Borland could not possibly have made all of the
hot stamp chips he is accused of making. His arm
would have fallen off from operating the one pull
press he made them from. One gets tired of arguing
this statement but honestly just think about it!
5) One of the best hamburgers in town is made at
“Smashburger” located at 7541 W. Lake Mead Blvd.
Suite #2. All meat served is Angus beef. Now how are
you going to beat that? We found it by accident and
have been customers ever since.
6) The Club bulletin board enhances our educational
requirement under IRS Code Section 501(C)(3). Not to
use the Club Board is a serious mistake on our
behalf. Maybe if we were not so strict in what can
or could be posted members would post and use it
more. Lighten up a bit on policy.
7) David Spragg has surprised me. He is one of our hardest
working members and deserves something other than a
wooden plaque for his efforts. I’m so tired of
giving our hard working people and contributors
plaques……..all, organizations do the same old tired
8) If we don’t do something about the convention smoking
policy we are going to lose at least four or five
dealers and possibly some of our most important
volunteers. I guess when it actually happens we will
have left it to the last minute and blame someone
else…………like the casino.
10) I’m tired of being told we lose money on the banquet.
If we do, maybe we should go back to wine and
cheese. Let’s see if we can do the “matching
concept”. You know put the expenses in the same
quarter with the income. How novel would that be?
11) I miss my friend Bruce Landau. He sold me my very
first chip. A 25 cent, dice swirl, Binion’s
Horseshoe. He was good for this hobby. I have many
stories about Bruce that someday I will share until
than…………thanks for reading.